CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 20, 2009

Crazy


Today I imagined paint spilling out of my eyes, errupting from my ears, blasting out of my nose. Work has a way of smushing me into a little box and stuffing in every last strand of hair to be sure they close the lid on me securely. I'm not fitting in this box, guys!! This job was meant for someone who didn't really want to do much but get paid. And yes, it is paying and I'm ever so thankful.


All these years and years and god awful years I've spent loathing my creative self, surpressing my inner wild, teaching myself how to be cookie cutter only to come to the realization that I need to undo it all. Whether I like it or not I am always going to be crazy, up and down, this way and that, freakish, odd, creative, wild and utterly uncontained. God it feels so GOOD to be embracing my roots.


I'm writing again, I'm painting again, I'm composing again and I'm going to wear my David Bowie shirt to work. Try to stop me.

0 comments: