CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Lullaby


So I love Chuck Palahniuk. I would only meet him in a very public place and at least 5 yards between us but, I love him.


Lullaby is about a man who is seeking out a culling song to be destroyed from ever being used. A culling song being something originally sung to people who were dying to ease them into their next life. This song, misused, is responsible for the death of hundreds of children as it is printed in a book found in any given library.


I read Lullaby hoping for a good fix. I have to admit, I was slightly disappointed. Maybe I wasn't that into it because I have been more in the mood for a rather *ahem* delayed Half Blood Price...but it seems there was too much repetition. It follows a definite formula and I have grown to love that his books do NOT follow a formula. I kind of felt every chapter was the same chapter. Eh.




0 comments: